CHED REPUBLICA AWARDS (Outstanding Research and Publication Awards)
The CHED REPUBLICA AWARDS are offered annually to recognize and reward outstanding research outputs that contribute to the discovery, adaptation of new knowledge and innovative technology that lead to sustainable development or generation of concepts which propel significant advances in the CHED identified priority disciplines.
I. Zonal REPUBLICA Awards
For the DLSU CHED Zonal Research Center, 1 award for each of the two following categories:
- Award for Natural Science, Math Engineering and Information Technology
- Award for Social Sciences, Economics, Education, and Humanities
Each Awardee receives:
- A ;
- A cash prize of .
NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
- Each HEI within the zone can nominate two (2) research outputs only: one for Natural Science, Math, Engineering and Information Technology and one for Social Science, Economics, Education and Humanities.
- Nominations should be endorsed by the President of the HEIs to the ZRC.
- Nominations should be submitted in four (4) packets consisting of:
- Narrative sumary of research (not more than 6 pages including tables and figures)
- Nomination letter showing how the publications meet the award criteria
- Good quality photocopies or reprints of nominated research publication(s)
- The Zonal Awards Board (ZAB) shall evaluate the nominations using the above criteria and pick-out the zonal winners to be endorsed to the Central Awards Board who will confirm the zonal winners.
- The National winners shall be selected from the zonal winners .
II. National REPUBLICA Award (only winners of Zonal REPUBLICA awards qualify)
2 winners (1 for Natural Science and 1 awardee for Social Science/Humanities). Each awardee receives
- A ;
- A cash prize of;
- P150,000 research award for any or combination of - in-country lecture tour, presentation in a national conference; presentation in an international conference; conduct of research.
General Criteria (70%)
- Originality (50%)
Quality of Publication (20%)
- Covering both theories/concepts
- Academic Significance
- Contribution to knowledge
- Technical quality; clarity of presentation;
- Thoroughness of documentation;
- Quality of journal;
Specific Criteria (30%)
- Relevance/Potential impact to the region and the country
- Contribution to community/national development
- Contribution to global concerns
- Contribution to policy development
- Research output that has been published or has been accepted for publication in a refereed journal (local or foreign) within the last 3 calendar years prior to the year of the award. Research as defined for purposes of the Award includes works of social and natural scientists using the scientific methodology and excludes works of creative writers.
- Research output with major part done in HEIs in the Philippines
- Produced by a Filipino-researcher or a research team with a Filipino as main researcher and member from faculty or research staff of the nominating HEI in the Philippines
- Members of the CAB are not qualified.
ZONAL AND NATIONAL AWARDS BOARD COMPOSITION
The Zonal Awards Board (ZAB) shall be composed of the ZRC Director and two (2) other experts identified by the ZRC Director and approved by CHED OPPRI.
The national Awards Board shall be composed of the Central Awards Board (CAB) Chairman and Co-Chairman plus three (3) other external experts to be identified by CAB.
The expert shall be selected based on their educational qualification, track record in research, and publication in refereed journal.
|Deadline for submission of nominations to ZRCs
||2nd week of March 2007
|Deadline for submission to CAB
||2nd week of April 2007
|Announcement of Winners
||1st week of May 2007
|| May 2007
For inquiries please contact:
LS 158 Mezzanine DLSU
2401 Taft Avenue, Manila
Tel. No. (02) 536-0223 or 524-4611 loc 127
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com